Customer Service Promise
I know that no-one reads the full terms and conditions – they are very dull – so here are a few highlights and things you ought to know.
- Shipping & Delivery
- I endeavour to ship all orders on products in stock on the same or next working day, however during busy times this may take slightly longer. Please be assured that your order is a priority and I will get it out as soon as possible. I will of course keep you posted (no pun intended).
- Within the UK you can choose from 1st and 2nd Class with options for Signed For also included. Please note that if the value of your item exceeds £20 please choose a signed for option. Otherwise you accept liability for the loss if the package goes missing. I will always provide a proof of postage.
- If your order exceeds a subtotal of £75 (excluding shipping) then you can also apply FREESHIP voucher code.
- Flat rate to countries within the EU is £8, USA is £12 and and the rest of the world is £15. Items will be sent with insurance up to the value of the item purchased and with proof of delivery where available.
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- If you have made an order in error and the products have not yet been dispatched, please get in touch as soon as possible and I will arrange a full refund.
- If there is a fault with any of your purchases then please return it to me and I will either refund or replace your items. If you are unhappy with your goods, you can return them in a saleable condition within 30 days for a refund to your payment method, less the cost of postage. I do endeavour to make all the images as close as possible to the actual colour(s) of the yarn. However, everyone’s screen settings are different and you may find that the yarn you receive is not what you thought you have ordered, in which case please return it for a full refund.
- If your purchase qualified for free postage, then I will deduct the cost of postage from the refund should the amount returned drop the value of your original order below the qualifying £75. You, the buyer, are responsible for the cost of the return postage, and I recommend that returns are sent by recorded delivery as I cannot accept responsibility should your items go missing. In addition to this, I also offer a full 365 day money back* guarantee. Almost everything you see on the site is covered by this unique policy – no questions asked (excludes yarns which are spun and dyed to order, and Shreya bespoke items). Your items must be returned in a saleable condition – unused and with the label still attached. To make use of this offer you should contact me first so that I can look out for your items. Also, please quote your original order reference (if you have registered on the site this will be held here). In addition, you are responsible for postage, and again I recommend using recorded delivery.
- *If the items are returned more than 30 days from the date of your purchase you will either be issued with a credit note for the purchase price +5% or I can arrange a bank transfer/Paypal credit -5% (the fee I am charged by bank/paypal). Please state your preference when returning your items. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If you have purchased an item on back order I will let you know the expected delivery time. I also offer a bespoke service with regards to Shreya Silks, so if you would like to purchase a bespoke item (i.e. a something that is being created specifically for you, and to your exact requirements) please either call or email and we can discuss your requirements. I will then send you a copy of the order via email with information on the various ways you can pay. Please note that there is a minimum order of 500g per item, with 50% payable up front. Should you change your mind and decide you no longer need/want these items you will forfeit your deposit, and the items will be made available for sale on the site.
- Payment is made via
- Credit card via Stripe.
- Bank transfer (BACS),
- Please be assured all methods are safe, your information is never seen by Luxury Yarns. No financial information is gathered by Luxury Yarns and we do not store any card details. If you choose to pay via BACS (bank transfer) your items will be placed on hold for 12 hours. Please email me with a copy of your transaction and I will hold the items until the money has cleared in my account. This is usually 2 hours, although can take several days for overseas customers. Cash on collection is by prior arrangement only.
- All prices on the site are non-negotiable. Offers and promotions will from time to time be made on certain items, and products. These offers are non-transferrable, and are not usually applicable to any items in the Special Offers category as these products are already heavily discounted. However, in the case of brand level discounts you can apply the discount to all items provided they have been selected from the main product window. In addition, these offers only apply to items that are in stock. I can not guarantee that the site will prevent you from ordering these items, but you will get a message in your basket to say that they are on backorder. I can not place orders for new stock at such discounted prices, so in the even that you proceed and checkout I will inform you immediately and refund your money. If this happens, I apologise in advance for your disappointment and inconvenience.
- Customer Loyalty
- We are no longer using a loyalty points system. However, we do offer great rewards in the form of vouchers.
- 15% discount on your next order for writing a product review
- £5 off your next order for sharing a photograph of your order or finished product on Social Media and tagging us (minimum order £25)
- £5 voucher for recommending a friend who places an order, and they in turn will get 10% off their first order – please email me.
Please note that not al of these vouchers are not automatic. I will try and keep on top of it but if I have missed your tag or review please do not hesitate to get in touch!
- Viewing Orders
- If you created an account at login you can view your recent order history in the “My Account” section.
- You may have noticed that we have a new look. Whilst your account should be active, unfortunately it was not possible to transfer sales and order history. I do have an offline record so if you would like more information on previous orders please get in touch. If you used a guest checkout you will be able to find your order details on your confirmation email. If you have lost this information please contact me and I will re-send your email.
- Updating Account Information
- Please keep your account information up-to-date to ensure that you don’t miss out on offers and promotions. Once registered your account will keep track of your wishlist, and items in your basket (so you don’t need to keep re-adding them like you do on some sites). However, the site will log you out after a period of inactivity so you will need to log back in again periodically.
Lastly – thank you for your interest in Luxury Yarns. I hope that your experience with us means that you will come back again and again. If you have any suggestions or recommendations please do not hesitate to get in touch or call +44 (0) 20 8133 9336\